In the village of Lapuebla de Labarca, in the heart of the Rioja Alavesa region, our family has been making wine for four generations from its vineyards. From the grapes that are cultivated, wines are made and aged.
The vines, whose average ages are 65 years old, are planted on the small hills of clay-limestone soil that descend to the banks of the river Ebro below. They lie 400m above sea level and are protected from northerly winds by the Cantabria mountain range which lies at their backs.
The flagship variety, Tempranillo, occupies 90% of the vineyard with the other 10% being Mazuelo, Graciano and Viura. Together they occupy 25 hectares which are distributed in the following plots - Jilabá, Begín, Las Cañas, San Gregorio, El Vídrio, Miralobueno and La Lobera.
The bodega is found in the highest part of the village and lies in the part of the vineyard named ´round mountain´. Here we make our wines in our own special way.
These wines are praised by sector magazines and have regularly won prizes at the most famed industry competitions.